Saturday, September 23, 2006

LS2 VE tuning spreadsheet

I've started reading LS2/GTO/Vette boards, and a lot of people seem to have a problem with tuning their VE, simply because it's different than what they're used to with LS1.
The funny part is that the form we see in LS2's is not functionally any different from the old form. It's just different numbers, but the shape of the 3d surface is the same. Now that my Speed Density paper is out, we know that the factor is exactly R/CylinderVolume. However, because it is a linear factor, mutiplying the VE table by AFR%Error should be the same, no matter what factor is there. So viewing the table in the traditional VE is more for information than actual functionality.

Theo ne new thing I'm trying with this spreadsheet is to see how people use them:
Do you want everything on one tab?
Do you want step by step on different tabs?
Do you want everything on one tab, with multiple copies of the setup, so you can keep track of progress?

Leave comments, send email/IMs or whatever, I just wanna know how I should make them for the future.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy,
Marcin

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work. Thanks for putting this together. I will keep you posted.

 
At 1:53 AM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for making the spreadsheet. I'm new to tuning. I'd read about doing this, but didn't really follow the explanation. Looking forward to giving this a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home